Naturopathy treats the cause of an illness with non-toxic, non-invasive therapies, integrating conventional health sciences with natural therapies & traditional medicines. Your naturopath may use a variety of diagnostic tools, such as Iridology, tongue & nail analysis, or blood & urine analysis, to determine the nature of your condition.
To treat your condition, your Naturopath may prescribe Western Herbal Medicine, Homeopathic Medicine, Flower Essences, Nutritional Advice and / or suggest lifestyle changes to improve your health & well being.
To ensure the integrity of your treatment, please bring any other current prescriptions with you (such as antibiotics, blood pressure medications etc) and a list of any health supplements you are taking.
The basic tenet of Naturopathy is to treat you as a whole person (your mental, emotional & physical being) for lasting health improvement.
Naturopathy engages with the innate healing power present within your body. In a naturopathic consultation your medical history & overall lifestyle patterns are reviewed to determine a treatment plan and natural medicine prescription suited to your individual needs.
Naturopathy can assist you with the following:
- Weight management & general well being
- Increased sports performance
- Fertility planning & children’s health
- Pre- and post-surgery planning & recovery
- Digestive problems (constipation, IBS, bloating, wind)
- Menstrual & menopausal concerns
- Asthma, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis
- Fatigue, increased energy, mood and concentration
- Recurring infections (colds, flus, cystitis)
- Prostate, thyroid problems